Know Your Rights
IMMIGRATION RELEASE: Posting a bond yourself versus using an immigration bond agent
Comparing the 2 types of Immigration Release
POSTING A BOND YOURSELF:
- You must post the bond in-person at an ICE ERO facility.
- You will have to go through strict and inconvenient security screenings to enter any of the ICE ERO facilities.
- You can only pay by money order, cashier’s check, or certified check.
- Once you have filled out the paperwork and paid, you will have to wait several hours for the detained to be released.
USING A BONDING AGENT
- A bonding agent can post the bond anywhere in the country electronically from their office.
- All paperwork and signatures can be done electronically.
- A bonding agent will provide a broader and more flexible range of payment options.
- Once the bond is posted electronically, the detainee is released very quickly.